I have moved

Dear Reader
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. I have moved on and my new blog is now called:

Please come and visit me there.
See you soon,

kristin

20.8.12

Beetroot

This weekend was such a nice outlook to spring. Saturday was still a bit windy but already so sunny and same on Sunday. Loved it!

Saturday is always my favourite farmers market at Carriageworks in Eveleigh. You get everything there and it's such a nice atmosphere. It's off the main road and there aren't any cars so it makes ideal to even bring the kids as you don't have to worry about the traffic.

I love all sort of vegetables but this weekend I felt especially inspired by the humble beetroot. It's a bit of a pain sometimes to prepare it as it stains everything and stubbornly but I love the earthy flavour. I prefer to roast them whole wrapped in foil in the oven and then just scrape off the skin (so easy) and since it already felt like spring I just teamed them up with my favourite soy and linseed bread from Sonoma Bakery, mixed leaf salad and labne cheese. So good!

Everything is so fresh and vibrant.


Carriageworks is such a great spot for the farmers market.
























Enough room for the kids to wander around too.

Roasted beetroot, labne and good bread - 'nuff said!
































4 comments:

The Food Sage said...

Blushing beetroot. A much under-estimated vegetable. I love them roasted and in salads. The smaller, the better. Lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

Kristin said...

Thank you for your lovely comment. Blushing beetroot - that's very nice!

Cass @foodmyfriend said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! I want to make some of that beetroot relish we were eating. . .

Kristin said...

Thank you, Cassie. The beetroot relish was d'lish, would probably add a bit more balsamic to it though. I am sure you can do it better!