I have moved

Dear Reader
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. I have moved on and my new blog is now called:

Please come and visit me there.
See you soon,

kristin

16.9.11

Pineapple and lemon upsidedown cake

Last week my daughter asked me to buy her a pineapple because she loves it so much. At first I was a bit surprised as I can't recall her ever eating pineapple but thought it's great that she is asking for fruit and also interested in different flavours. I showed her how you can tell a pineapple actually is ripe, that a good sign is the sweet smell and also that the leaves should come off easily when you pull them. She even insisted on carrying that pineapple to the cashier and to put it in the shopping bag.
And... that was that! As soon as the pineapple arrived safely at out our house it just got ignored by her. I must admit I am not a big fan of raw pineapple neither is my husband and so had the idea to bake an upsidedown cake. Surprise, surprise, the pineapple cake found much more fans in our house and didn't last very long.






































 Recipe for pineapple and lemon upsidedown cake:

520 g pineapple, peeled and cut into 6 slices
200 g butter, at room temperature
130 g brown sugar
170 g caster sugar
2 large eggs
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
200 g self-raising flour
cream, to serve (optional)


1. Preheat oven to 180 degree. Grease and line a 20 cm round tin.

2. Cut core from each pineapple slice. Melt 90 g butter in a frying pan on medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolves. Add pineapple rings and cook, turning often for 5 minutes, or until softened. Arrange pineapple rings over base of tin and top with syrup.

3. Using an electric mixer, beat caster sugar and remaining butter until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon zest and fold in flour.

4. Spoon batter into prepared tin and carefully smooth over the top of pineapple. Bake for approx.
40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Invert onto a serving plate, sit for 5 minutes before removing tin. Serve with cream if you like.

No comments: