I have moved

Dear Reader
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. I have moved on and my new blog is now called:

Please come and visit me there.
See you soon,

kristin

7.8.11

The best Cafe in Sydney- Mecca Espresso in Ultimo



































It's no secret that Sydneysiders are obsessed with good food and coffee and that there are guides for every inch of the city. There are food guides for smart eating, for cheap eating, for fancy eating, for secret eating and of course for the best coffee source.
This year Mecca Espresso Bar in Ultimo got voted No 1 by the Sydney Morning Herald and even though I would find it hard to single out just one cafe as there are thankfully so many good ones I agree that Mecca does a very good brew. The beans are rosted on site to guarantee good quality and consistency and they use only LaMarzocco machines. I quite often stop here to get my coffee fix as I got photography classe just across the road. The coffee is always perfect and strong and especially after a few weeks in Europe I am often amazed how great coffee here is and how mediocre coffee sometimes is in parts of Europe even Italy! But that's another story.


Das Food Team des Sydney Morning Heralds war mal wieder unterwegs, um die besten Cafes der Stadt zu kueren. Ganz ehrlich, Sydney hat bereits eine unglaubliche Dichte an wunderbaren Cafes und Kafferoestereien und es ist schwer vorstellbar, dass es immer noch Raum fuer Verbesserungen gibt. Aber voila, ein relativ neues Cafe, das Mecca Expresso in Ultimo hat den ersten Platz eingenommen. Die Kaffeebohnen werden direkt in der eigenen Roesterei verarbeitet um Frische und gleichbleibende Qualitaet zu gewaehrleisten.
Mein Fotografie-Kurs ist ganz in der Naehe und damit komme ich regelmaessig in den Genuss des kraftigen Kaffees, natuerlich aus einer LaMarzocco.
Und hiermit sei gleich ein weiterer Trend beschrieben. Wer bereits alle Kochkurse in der Stadt besucht hat, moechte vielleicht mal bei einem cupping workshop von Campos Coffee Newtown mitmachen, um zu lernen wie man Kaffee richtig beurteilt. Hier wird allerdings nur schwarzer Kaffee probiert.

No comments: